欢迎回到“职场英语”,安娜和汤姆现在正有点麻烦。
Following a successful business meeting, they’ve returned to the airport to discover their flight has been cancelled.
在一场成功的商业会议之后,他们抵达机场却发现航班取消了。
What are they going to do next?
他们接下来要怎么办?
Right, they’ve rebooked us on to the next flight, which is at 7 o’clock tomorrow morning.
他们重新给我们定了下一趟明早7点的航班。
Tomorrow morning? !
明天早上?
What are we going to do until then?
我们这段时间做什么?
It’s OK Anna, calm down.
没关系,安娜,冷静。
I’ve sorted out a hotel… quite a nice one actually.
我选好了酒店,很不错的一家。
But what about our new contract?
但是我们的新合同怎么办?
I’ve got to sort it out!
我得整理出来!
Anna, take a deep breath… it’ll be ok.
安娜,深呼吸,没关系。
Let’s go and get a drink and we’ll work things out.
我们去喝一杯吧,一起处理这些事情。
Anna, maybe Tom’s right for once.
安娜,也许汤姆这次是对的。
Go and enjoy some French hospitality.
去享受一下法式款待。
You’ve done really well today but perhaps you should keep your boss Paul in the picture.
你今天做得很好了,但也许你应该告知你的老板保罗。
In the picture? I didn’t take any photos.
图片?我没有拍照。
No Anna! I mean keep him informed.
不,安娜!我是说告知他相关的情况。
It’s always a good idea to keep the boss updated on what’s going on – he is the boss after all.
让你的老板时刻知道进度是个好主意,毕竟他是你的老板。
OK. I will.
好,我会的。
. . . . . .
Yeah, this one looks quite cosy.
这里看着很舒适。
I’ll order us a beer shall I?
我来点瓶啤酒,好吗?
I’d prefer an orange juice please.
我更想喝橙汁。
Oh really? OK then.
真的吗?好吧。
Err, Garcon. Je m’appelle un beer et citron juice thing. Au revoir!
(错误的法语)
No Tom!
不是的,汤姆!
Pardon, Je voudrais une grande biere et du juice d’orange s’il vous plait.
劳驾,请给我们一大杯啤酒和一杯橙汁。
Oui Madame.
好的,女士。
Well, she likes you!
她喜欢你。
Well, actually everyone likes you Anna.
事实上,大家都喜欢你,安娜。
I like you because…
我喜欢你,因为……
I like you too Tom but don’t you think I should call Paul and update him on what’s going on… keep him in the picture?
我也喜欢你,汤姆,但你不认为我该给保罗打电话告知他最新的进度吗?
I dunno. Let’s just enjoy this moment shall we?
我不知道,让我们好好享受这一刻吧?
And besides, he’ll be at his biscuit appreciation class by now.
另外,他现在正在上他的饼干欣赏课呢。
No. I would be happier just to call him.
不,我想给他打电话更好一些。
Could I borrow your mobile phone please?
我能借你的手机用用吗?
My battery has run out.
我的没电了。
Yeah sure. You’ll find his number under Attila the Hun.
当然,他电话号码的名字是匈奴王阿提拉。
Attila the Hun?
匈奴王阿提拉?
Just my little joke!
只是我的一个小笑话!
Cheeky! But hold on… what am I going to say to him?
厚脸皮!但稍等,我要跟他说什么?
Well, don’t call him Attila the Hun!
不要叫他匈奴王阿提拉!
Think before you call him: It’s good news – you’ve closed the deal and the contract is signed.
给他打电话前先想想:这是好消息,你达成了交易并且签了合同。
We need to proceed with the order as quickly as possible.
我们需要尽快继续推进订单。
And say, I’m committed to getting the order delivered on time.
并且说,我已经承诺按时发送订单了。
But if you need help, ask for it.
但如果你需要帮助,尽管说。
OK I will.
好,我会的。
It’s ringing…
通了。
. . . . . .
Hello?
你好?
Hi Paul. It’s Anna.
你好,保罗,我是安娜。
I’ve got some good news!
我带来了好消息!
Hold on. Sorry, I’m just munching some new crumbly cream biscuits.
稍等。抱歉,我正在吃新款劲脆的奶油饼干。
Now, what’s the good news?
什么好消息?
Is it about the contract?
关于合同的吗?
Yes! I’ve closed the deal with Fruit Traders International and the contract is signed.
是的!我和Fruit Traders International达成了协议,并且签了合同。
Excellent news.
大好消息。
To keep them happy, we need to proceed with the order as quickly as possible.
为了让他们满意,我们要尽快推进订单。
Of course, of course. So what are you planning to do?
当然,当然。那么你计划怎么做?
Well, obviously, I’m committed to getting the order delivered on time but I might need some help.
显然我承诺了会及时发送订单,但我可能需要帮助。
I wonder if Tom could…
我在想是否汤姆能……
Yes, Tom can help you.
是的,汤姆可以帮你。
Denise tells me you have a… special chemistry!
丹尼斯跟我说你们有特殊的默契!
Actually, where is Tom now?
事实上,现在汤姆在哪呢?
Is he home yet?
他到家了吗?
He’s not. Actually Paul, Tom and I are going to stay in a hotel tonight…
他不在,事实上,保罗,汤姆和我今晚将住酒店……
Hello? Hello?
你好?你好?
Oh, I’ve lost the signal, he’s gone.
我没信号了,他挂了。
Never mind Anna.
没关系,安娜。
I think he got the message.
我想他明白了。
Another drink?
再来一杯吗?
. . . . . .
Let’s hope Paul has got the right message about Anna and Tom!
希望保罗不会误会安娜和汤姆!
Anyway, she’s briefed the boss and kept him in the picture.
总之,她通知了老板并且让他了解情况。
Here’s a reminder of some of the phrases she used: It’s good news – I’ve closed the deal and the contract is signed.
这是她使用过的表达方式。我有好消息。我达成了协议并且签了合同。
We need to proceed with the order as quickly as possible.
我们要尽快推进订单。
I’m committed to getting the order delivered on time… but I will need some help.
我承诺了会及时发送订单,但我需要帮助。
A good day’s work for Anna but now it’s time for bed.
安娜今天做的不错,但现在到了睡觉的时间了。
Right, well, it’s time for bed.
好吧,是时候休息了。
We’ve got an early start tomorrow.
明天我们要早起。
So, where are we staying?
所以我们住哪呢?
A lovely little boutique hotel, just round the corner.
街角处有一个很不错的小型精品酒店。
I’ve booked a room with a view.
我定了一间可以看风景的房间。
A room? One room? !
一间房?一间房吗?
Err yeah. That’s all they had, actually… honest!
是的,说实话,他们其实就这一间了。
This could be interesting.
这可有意思了。
Let’s hope things remain professional.
希望一切都能公事公办。
Until next time. Bye!
下次见了!